L. Liborio, C. Sanchez, A. Paxton and M. Finnis. J. Phys.: Condensed Matter. 17, L223- L230, (2005).
Queen Mary University of London, United Kingdom. CERTIFICATE IN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW, 2012-2013
Birkbeck College, University of London, United Kingdom. POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN SCIENCE COMMUNICATION, Dissertation: Media Coverage of Nanotechnology, 2007-2009.
Queen’s University of Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom. PhD IN COMPUTATIONAL PHYSICS, Project: Ab initio atomistic thermodynamics of the SrTiO3(001) surface, 2002-2005.
Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina. LICENCIATURA EN FISICA (Licentiate in Physics), 1997-2002.
- SCIENTIFIC ADVISOR, December 2015-March 2016.
- Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK.
- The Blavatnik School of Government is a global school committed to excellence in leadership and public policy education and to pursuing a vision of better government, stronger societies, and richer human opportunities across the world. I worked as a Scientific Advisor at the Science and Public Policy core module in the the Master of Public Policy (MPP). The Master of Public Policy (MPP) is a one-year taught degree course. The purpose of the MPP is to enable students to develop analytical and critical skills relevant for understanding the challenges of public policy and its implementation. In particular, the Science and Public Policy module considers ways of understanding scientific and medical evidence, the policy implications of this evidence, and the interplay between science and conflicting policy concerns.
- PATENT ASSISTANT, 2014-2015.
- Marks & Clerk, Oxford, UK.
- Marks & Clerk is consistently ranked a top tier firm in the UK for both patents and trade marks in the Managing Intellectual Property World IP Survey and in the Legal 500 and Chambers legal direc- tories. The firm offer clients a comprehensive range of internationally integrated intellectual property services - covering patents, trade marks, designs and copyright. This includes obtaining protection worldwide, portfolio management, strategic advice, commercial advice, licensing, enforcement, due diligence and litigation.
- TRAINEE PATENT ATTORNEY, 2011-2013.
- Boult Wade Tennant, Reading, UK.
- Boult Wade Tennant is a leading UK-based firm of Chartered Patent Attorneys, Registered Trade Mark Attorneys, European Patent Attorneys and European Trade Mark Attorneys. The firm has offices in London, Cambridge, Oxford and Reading.
- RESEARCH ASSOCIATE, 2006-2011.
- Imperial College, London, UK.
- Worked as a modeller on the project: Nanostructured Functional Materials for Energy Efficient Refrigeration, Energy Harvesting and Production of Hydrogen fromWater. This project was divided in nanostructured oxides for Energy Efficient Refrigeration and nanostructured oxides for energy production and storage. I also worked on the computational modelling of materials for solar cells and of thin films physical properties. In some of these projects, I collaborated with Universities such as Loughborough, Newcastle, Reading and Cambridge, and with industrial partners such as Applied Multilayers and Pilkington Glass.
- TECHNICAL EDITOR, 2010-2011.
- Form and Content Media Limited, London, UK
- Re-writing, editing, proofing and formatting of expert-written articles in the areas of Nanotechnol- ogy, Alternative Energies, Illumination and Displays, and Optical Design and Engineering. The articles are published in the web-based technical news service SPIE Newsroom. SPIE is the interna- tional society for optics and photonics founded in 1955 to advance light-based technologies.
L. Liborio, PhD Thesis, Queen's University Belfast, 2006
L. Liborio and N. Harrison. Physical Review B 77, 104104, 2008
L. Liborio, G. Mallia and N. Harrison. Physical Review B, 79, 245133, 2009
C. Bailey, L. Liborio, G. Mallia, S. Tomic and N. Harrison. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 242, 012004, 2010.
C. Bailey, L. Liborio, G. Mallia, S. Tomic and N. Harrison. Physical Review B, 81, 205214, (2010).
L. M. Liborio, C. Bailey, Giuseppe Mallia, S. Tomic and Nicholas Harrison. J. Appl. Phys., 109, 023519, (2011).
Thermodynamic Stability of LaMnO3 and Its Competing Oxides: A Hybrid Density Functional Study of an Alkaline Fuel Cell Catalyst
Ahmad EA, Liborio L, Kramer D, Mallia G, Kucernak AR, Harrison NM, Physical Review B, 84, 085137, (2011).
Liborio L, Chew SC, Harrison N, Surface Science, 606, 496, (2012).
Water Adsorption on Rutile TiO2(110) for Applications in Solar Hydrogen Production: A Systematic Hybrid-exchange Density Functional Study
Patel M, Mallia G, Liborio L, Harrison NM, Physical Review B, 86, 045302, (2012).
A hybrid density functional study of structural, bonding, and electronic properties of the manganite series: La1−xCaxMnO3 (at x=0, 1/4 and 1)
Korotana, Romi, Mallia, Giuseppe, Gercsi, Zsolt, Liborio, Leandro, Harrison, Nicholas, Physical Review B, 89, 205110, 2014
A hybrid exchange density functional study of vicinal anatase TiO2 surfaces for applications in solar hydrogen production
Sanches F, Mallia G, Liborio L, Harrison N, Physical Review B, 89, 245309, 2014
Exploring the Temperature Dependent Solid-State ALC Spectrum of the C6H6Mu• Radical with Ab-Initio Simulation Techniques
Sturniolo S, Liborio L, Pratt F L, Cottrell S P, Jochym D B, Montanari B, Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Muon Spin Rotation, Relaxation and Resonance (μSR2017).
Computational Prediction of Muon Stopping Sites, L. Liborio, S. Sturniolo and D. Jochym, The Journal of Chemical Physics, 148, 134114 (2018)
Comparison between Density Functional Theory and Density Functional Tight Binding approaches for finding the muon stopping site in organic molecular crystals
Comparison between Density Functional Theory and Density Functional Tight Binding approaches for finding the muon stopping site in organic molecular crystals, arXiv:1812.02999 [physics.comp-ph]
Talk at 23rd European Conference on Surface Science, Berlin, Germany
Talk at Towards reality in nanoscale materials, Levi, Finland
Talk at 2008 MRS Spring Meeting, San Francisco, USA
Talk at Int’l Union of MaterialsResearch Societies - International Conference in Asia 2009, Suntec International Convention Centre, Singapore
Talk at Challenges in Physical Chemistry and Nanoscience (ISACS2), Budapest, Hungary
Talk at 3rd EuChemMS Chemistry Congress, Nuremberg, Germany
Talk at 2016 Muon Spectroscopy Training School, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell, Oxfordshire, UK
Invited talk - Career Experience at 2016 Careers Event Day - Queen's University Belfast, Belfast, UK
Talk at The 14th International Conference on Muon Spin Rotation, Relaxation and Resonance, Sapporo, Japan
Talk at The 2018 ISIS Muon Spectroscopy Training School, Harwell, UK
Simulaciones Computacionales en la Interpretación de Experimentos a Gran Escala: el Caso de los Muones
Talk at Instituto de Física Rosario (IFIR), Rosario, Argentina
Talk at The Cosener’s House, The Cosener’s House, Abingdon, UK
Poster at CECAM, Lausanne, Switzerland